GLPI 0.85 available
The official GLPI 0.85 tarball is now available for download !
Here a non exhaustive list of the new functionalities offered by this version:
- Servicedesk : change management
- Servicedesk : project, task and Gantt graph management
- Servicedesk : SLA management enhancement
- Inventory : inventory of components
- General : improve mail collector
- General : import, export and copie business rules
- General : improve mail notification system
- General : add log rotation
- General : UTF8 PDF export
- General : translations of dropdowns and knowledge base items
- General : review profile management
- General : User pictures
- Ergonomy : migrate to jquery
More than 105 tickets have been closed for this major version.
See changelog for more details.
Historically, interfacing with GLPI OCS Inventory NG server was achieved via the directly integrated “OCSNG mode” into GLPI. This “OCSNG mode” has offer to our users a quick and easy interface for many years.
Nevertheless this mode had a major drawback, it required perfect timing versions of GLPI with the OCS Inventory NG versions and makes difficult to maintain the whole.
To solve this problem, it was decided to develop a GLPI plugin for OCS Inventory NG and remove the “OCSNG mode” in the GLPI’s version 0.84.
This plugin will allow better scalability interfacing GLPI / OCS Inventory NG.
Of course, we took care to ensure a seamless migration for users of versions prior to 0.84. These users have just to install GLPI version 0.84 and install the new GLPI plugin OCS Inventory NG. The plugin automatically retrieves datas and settings from the old “OCSNG mode”.