GLPI ITSM software version 9.4 is released!
Thanks all users who has downloaded and tested release candidates, helped us to find bugs, fix issues. Together we are creating better software to manage IT infrastructure easily.
Let´s have a look at the main features of GLPI 9.4:
Search engine: nested criteria.
The search engine available in all lists of items now allows to construct much complex queries.
group button is available to separate a set of criteria from other ones. You can set a different operator for the entire group.
The resulting query will be surrounded by parenthesis.
We also added some minor changes to this part:
- A new type of search: notcontains.
- Changes can now be filtered with global rules.
- Review of the interface to make different actions clearer.
Note that your old saved searches (bookmarks) are still compatible with the new engine.
UX : Knowbase and FAQ.
The Browse tab in the knowbase have been revamped.
A tree is now displayed for the categories and each shows a badge counting the number of articles associated to the category.
Timeline for Changes and Problems.
Thanks to Curtis Conard, you can add followups to ITIL changes and problems and these object now have a timeline tab to regroup their followups, tasks, documents and solutions.
Followups split and Tickets merge.
Thanks to Curtis Conard, tickets now have 2 new actions:
- Split a followup: create a new ticket copying a followup (a link is kept in the old ticket)
- Merge a ticket as a new followup in an existing ticket with massive actions option.
Assets rules engine.
In this release, we provide a new rules engine to automatically update some fields when an asset is created or updated.
For example, you can assign a specific technician when a computer become a part of an entity.
Centralized command line tool.
The scripts folder provided in GLPI archives had a lot of scattered files. With this release, we started a console (available by the php bin/console command, see documentation)
centralizing old scripts. Not all scripts have been migrated but we will do the work step by step in futures releases.
- Lock of user personalization tab.
- New action in business rules for tickets targeting the completename field (before, you can only target the short name of categories).
- New device type for assets: Modem.
- CAS 3 authentication support.
- Rich text option deleted (GLPI is now only in rich text in ITIL objects).
- A new field in user form: responsible (you can sync it with ldap server).
Under the hood.
We are working hard to have GLPI more stable and reliable.
Here is list of topics we did in this release :
- Code coverage for unit testing, since 9.2 with the addition of unit tests, we progress on the coverage of all source code.
- SQL Iterator, an old topic, GLPI framework provides a class to abstract SQL query generation. We replaced a lot of raw MySQL queries recently. The final goal is to permit the usage of others SQL engines (like Postgres). It’s not here actually, but we are on the road to do it.
- SCSS is now the official GLPI format for stylesheets. We have an automatic compiler for developers (use it, it’s css with superpowers) and also for plugins.
- Session as cache, like we did on 9.3, we store more and more in cache to provide you a speedy ITSM tool.
Download: on GitHub.