You’re encouraged to upgrade your GLPI agents or migrate if you’re still using FusionInventory agents.
You can download it on the GLPI Agent github project:
This release includes some fixes and enhancements. Here are the most important ones:
- we implemented a feature request from the community to support SSL server certificate of the GLPI server deployment with operating system deployment feature:
- on windows, the glpi server certificate can be deployed through the enterprise keystore,
- on macosx, the glpi server certificate can be deployed in system keychain through a MDM.
- we added the support of the new ‘ssl-fingerprint’ option and it permits to trust a GLPI server certificate without the need of deploying a certificate:
- you can first enable one time the ‘no-ssl-check’ option on one agent to find the related ssl fingerprint reported in agent log,
- then you can set the discovered value for all your agents and disable ‘no-ssl-check’ on the first one.
- the windows MSI packaging is now using Perl 5.36.0 and includes some fixes and improvements:
- as it was wrongly creating firewall rules, this is fixed and wrong rules are removed,
- few libraries was missing if you wanted to use SNMPv3 authentication during network discovery or inventory,
- the installer was failing to create the windows task when you wanted to use windows task scheduling,
- few configurations was not possible during silent installation.
- the MacOSX packages has been upgraded to use Perl 5.36.0, OpenSSL 3.0.3 & zlib 1.2.12 and the installation on APFS filesystem has also been fixed.
- for linux packaging, we have also few big improvements:
- AppImage support for older linux like CentOS 7,
- AppImage uninstallation process has been improved,
- Snap packaging has been upgraded to use Perl 5.36.0,
- perl linux installer has been enhanced to support installation on openSUSE.
- For inventory task, we integrated:
- a patch from the community which can fix monitor inventory on linux,
- an Oracle database inventory support update,
- an update to avoid false positive antivirus alert during software inventory on windows,
- a fix on JSON format support to avoid wrongly encoded strings on macosx,
- a fix against a JSON validation error while monitor serial is an integer,
- a fix on generated partial inventory as the ‘partial’ property was missing,
- an update for additional-content option support while using JSON format.
- RemoteInventory task has been improved so remote ssh inventory of linux/unix platforms can fallback on ssh command calls when libssh2 is not available.
- Netdiscovery and NetInventory tasks now includes a module from the community which enhances DefensePro support.
As always, you can check the more detailed changelog at: