GLPI Agent 1.6.1 has been released.
You’re encouraged to upgrade your GLPI agents or migrate if you’re still using FusionInventory agents.
You can download it on the GLPI Agent github project: https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi-agent/releases/tag/1.6.1
The 1.6.1 version specifically fixes SSL connections problems introduced with 1.6 version update for windows and MacOSX agents.
Here is a summary of the most important changes of the 1.6 version:
- The NetDiscovery and NetInventory tasks has been heavily reworked:
- the Parallel: ForlManager library is used as more stable on some environments,
- the NetDiscovery task now supports the discovery of remote computers and can run ESX and RemoteInventory tasks. This feature is currently only used by the ToolBox plugin.
- network device support has been enhanced again for different manufacturers like Cisco, Zebra, Aruba, Checkpoint, Citrix and Synology.
- The ToolBox plugin now offers a full tasks management support and permits to configure the discovery of remote computers using ESX and RemoteInventory tasks. In ToolBox, the NetDiscovery task including automatic inventory tasks run is named “netscan”:
- the inventory management page is now a list of local and remote inventory tasks,
- the credentials management page permits to create credentials for ESX, WinRM and SSH,
- a scheduling management page permits to define how to planify tasks runs,
- the “remotes” page becomes obsolete and will be removed in next version,
- a new option is available to add a navigation link toward the agent index page
- The RemoteInventory task includes a fix on SSH connections and supports the connection timeouts configured by ToolBox plugin,
- The ESX task has been enhanced to support the “netscan” task started from ToolBox plugin,
- The Proxy plugin has been fixed to support compressed requests and store JSON inventories with a better file name when local storage option is enabled,
- The Inventory task has also received many enhancements and fixes including:
- the antivirus inventory support on MacOSX (Defender) and Linux (Defender and BitDefender),
- the support for latest RustDesk versions for remote management discovery,
- an enhanced support for LXC and LXD containers based virtualization on linux.
- The MacOSX package has been udpated to use OpenSSL 3.1.4 and zlib 1.3,
- The linux perl installer includes fixes and supports installation on many new systems,
- The MSI windows installer includes few updates:
- the GLPI-AgentMonitor community tool has been updated to 1.2.3 version and now supports spanish and russian languages,
- a new installer option permits to just reconfigure the installed agent,
- the deletion of
etcfolders has been fixed during uninstallation,
- the VBS script has been fixed to check installation and especially avoid an installation failure is the MSI service is still in use.
As always, you can check the more detailed changelog at: https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi-agent/blob/1.6.1/Changes